What is Spiritualism?
What is Psychic Science Spiritualist Church?
Spiritualism is a Religion, Philosophy and a Science of continuous life based upon the demonstrated fact of communication with those who live in other planes of existence.
Spiritualism is a Religion because it strives to understand and comply with the Physical, Mental and Spiritual Laws of Nature which are the Laws of God.
Spiritualism as a Philosophy studies the Laws of Nature both on the seen and unseen sides of life and bases its conclusion upon present observed facts. It accepts statements of observed facts of past ages and conclusions drawn therefrom, when sustained by reason and results of observed facts of the present day.
Spiritualism as a Science investigates, analyzes, and classifies facts and manifestations demonstrated from the spirit side of Life.
Psychic Science Spiritualist Church was founded by Reverend Bessie Woodworth on October 28, 1923 and received its National Spiritualist Association charter on January 19, 1924. Psychic Science Spiritualist Church moved to its present location at 1415 Central Ave in Indianapolis, Indiana on March 15, 1942. We became an independent church in the mid 1980's
Do We Believe In Jesus?
Yes, we believe in Jesus the Christ as one who shows the way to Divine Truth.
What is a Medium?
A Medium is an individual whose purpose is to make contact with the higher dimensional world of Spirit, which is around, about, through and above this physical world.
DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
- Spiritualism - Spiritualism is the Science, Philosophy and Religion of Continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of Mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World.
- Spiritualist - A Spiritualist is one who believes, as the basis of his or her religion, in the communication between this and the Spirit World by means of Mediumship and who endeavors to mold his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teaching derived from such communication.
- Medium - A medium is one who is sensitive to vibrations from the Spirit World and through whom those in the Spirit World are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism.
- Spiritual Healer - A Spiritual Healer is one who is able to channel the healing energy of the universe, through Mediumship, for the good of mankind.
DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
- We believe in Infinite Intelligence. We express our belief in an Omnipotent, Ever Present and Supreme Power. As Spiritualists, we refer to this as Infinite Intelligence or God. There are as many terms for this as there are religions. We allow people to choose the term they identify with.
- We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence. All forms of life and being are manifestations of Infinite Intelligence. All Mankind are children of God. In the physical and spiritual worlds, everything and everyone is subject to the inherent laws of God.
- We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute true religion. Understanding and living in accordance with the Natural Law physically, mentally, and spiritually is the essence of true religion. In this way, we allow ourselves to unfold and live in accordance with the universal plan of God.
- We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death. Death is a change of the nature in which we physically express our being. It is not a change in our inherent spiritual, mental or emotional beings. We are the same after death as we are before death, without the encumbrance of a physical body.
- We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven through the phenomena of Spiritualism. Spirit Communication has been written about, told about and is in evidence throughout spoken and recorded history. Supernatural happenings have been accepted throughout history by Orthodox churches. Spiritualism recognizes and accepts these manifestations in the light of Natural Law.
- We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." All major religions speak this truth in one form or another. If all of mankind would treat others the way in which they would choose to be treated, true harmony, peace and happiness would exist. Everyone wishes to be treated with respect and love. If we all lived by this simple rule, peace would reign.
- We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature's physical and spiritual laws. We, as individuals, are responsible for the world as we see it. We are responsible for our own lives, by the decisions we make. As adults, we must seek after our own spiritual and physical well-being. We are responsible for our own mistakes, successes, and spiritual growth. Vicarious atonement has no place in the Philosophy of Spiritualism. We must overcome our own shortcomings and learn from them to become better and more stable adults.
- We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter. We believe that no matter how one has lived life on earth, they always have the ability to learn and grow spiritually. No one is condemned to eternal damnation. Damnation does not exist in the Philosophy of Spiritualism. Each person makes their place in the hereafter according to how they believe and grow here on earth. There are always consequences for wrong doing. Each individual must become aware of his actions and how they affect himself and others. In so doing, each person is responsible for his or her own life, happiness, well-being, and spiritual growth. This responsibility extends throughout or lifetime here on the earth plane and in the hereafter. The opportunity for growth never stops.
- We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes proven through mediumship. We believe the truths found in the Bible and other sacred works and we affirm that Prophecy and Healing are not unique to ancient times. Prophecy and Healing are universal and everlasting truths, which have been witnessed in all of the ages of the world.